Monday 2 February 2009

lies, dirt and breath.

Sending tingles down my spine
i look 'twards the sky
i bow my head down
and plead with the ground
if i cannot float upstream with the clouds
please open beneath me and swallow me whole

With my hands by my ears
and my eyelids shut tight
i hold my breath and wait for the dawn
my nails dig deeper into my palms
im kicking and screaming
like a child in pain

sometimes i wonder
if im traveling backwards
ready to greet my birth and death

will i see before my eyes
my life i lived with every breath
hold me now forever hold my peace

breathless i stumble
and fall to my knees
where the dirt in my mouth wont wash away my sins
i crawl through the mud
my blood trails behind
and out from my mouth flows my soul with its own mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment