Saturday 21 March 2009

grains apon my fingertips

wet feet graze the grains of sand
stick to my soles and the side of my face.
Drop off as i walk alone in this land
the beat of my heart in time with my pace.
my slightly salty skin browned by the sun
reveals itself once more to the world.
the icy wind will bother no one
never shall we have to live in the cold.
a fish or a crab or a whale id be
and live my life as the waves flow.
oh what it would be to live in the sea
deep in the waters where only cool fish go.
but here i lay all alone on the shore
with a pebble and a shell i will ponder.
what makes me sit here and look out in awe
who made the sea in its wonder.
I sieve through the sand as they stick to my fingers
the smell of the sea on skin
ill wonder how long that smell there lingers
and the stories it tells where ive been.


No comments:

Post a Comment