Sunday 12 July 2009

Reflection

Look at me
I will never pass for a perfect bride
Or a perfect daughter
Ill never be what they want or who they want.
all i seem to be is in the way.
Can it be
I'm not meant to play this part?
Im not meant to be the continental girl.
The daughter on the cereal box.
Im unorthodox.
Now I see
That if I were truly to be myself
I would break my fam'ly's heart
They can only see who i will be when it suits them.
When they are reeaping the rewards from
my abnormality.
Who is that girl I seeStaring straight
Back at me?
Why is my reflection someone
I don't know?
I have no idea of who i am today.
Or who i'll be tomorow.
Somehow I cannot hide
Who I am
Though I've tried
Ive tried wearing a mask to cover up that person no one wants me to be.
but it just keeps slipping off.
When will my reflection show
Who I am inside?
When will my reflection show
Who I am inside?

No comments:

Post a Comment