Sunday 25 January 2009

Ode to A Friend [or two] :

when it comes to heart, the cracks and scratches
there's plasters and cellotape in clumsy places
a hand to hold when the wind is strong
an embrace to hide in when the rain does fall
they stand united, strong and bold with and for you
but there's snide's when times are tom or angry
deep in the bottom of your stomach you know
if reality is real in their souls then together they shall stand
when summoned again.
there really isn't a replacement for them
they are the black knights in golden robes with snow white wings
a ghost by your side forever more
I yes I shall strive to be
an equal companion that they've been to me
there's love for a fish and love for a man
but none like the love that i pass through my hand
into yours when you need me there.

No comments:

Post a Comment